[Scribus] 1.2.2cvs on Solaris 10 works!

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Thu Mar 24 02:02:58 CET 2005

Thanks to everyone's assistance. With your help and comments, I've got a
working version of Scribus 1.2.2cvs working on Solaris 10 SPARC.

In what little spare time I've had, I was able to reinstall the
Companion CD compiler/languages packages, but I still had problems. I
wasn't looking forward to reinstalling the OS from scratch again... It
dawned on me that I was still using make, which (with /usr/local/bin out
of my $PATH) is the OS make program. The /opt/sfw program is actually
gmake. D'oh! Calling gmake explicitly builds a functioning version of
Scribus. Now to try using it this weekend to create a newsletter.

Thanks! :-)
Rainer

I'll let you know if I have the same render issues...