[Scribus] internal compiler error (second attempt)

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Mar 23 23:24:13 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 01:04, Andreas Vox wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > Glad to hear it's not just me then. I had a feeling it maybe
> > the athlon processor as SuSe used to issue a separate
> > kernel for that. Do you use athlon?
>
> Now this is crucial information. GCC sigfaulting on Athlon is a
> much more likely reason than unstable Scribus code or a
> generic GCC / SuSE error.
>
> Try to set different optimisation flags (eg -O0 or -Os).
> Check that your GCC builds for the correct architecture.
> Check the compiler flags Scribus actually uses if there
> are some specialities which don't work on Athlon.
>
> If you have a Athlon64 you might have to cross-compile Scribus
> to target 32bit (or use a binary rpm).
>
> Did you or SuSE forward this bug to the GCC developers?
>
> Ciao
> /Andreas

As I wrote earlier, I've built test suse 9.2 1.2.2cvs rpms for athlon
and i686.

You can safely install this along side scribus-templates and it should
not break anything. 1.2.2cvs has many fixes,even beyond the 1.2.1
release, especially with scripting.

I uploaded the srpm which can be rebuilt for for any Suse 8.2+ system
with qt 3.3.4. Ignore the suse.92 distag, if you rebuild it on 8.2,
it will show as 8.2 when built.

They are all gpg signed by me: rpm --checksig  ./nameof.rpm will
confirm they are the genuine article.

I am curious to see if this works for those who have had this compiler
issue.

http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=11

Cheers,
Peter