[Scribus] Crash due to out of memory ...

Andreas Speck at home andreas.speck
Wed Mar 23 21:19:33 CET 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:
| On Wednesday 23 March 2005 17:17, Andreas Speck @ wherever wrote:
|
|>Hi,
|>  still problems with my files. I get the following error message, but
|>somtimes also other ones:
|>
|>Crash signal #11
|>
|>(then I look into the console from where I started Scribus 1.3cvs:
|>
|>In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1283: Out of memory
|>Calling Emergency Save)
|>
|>I have 512MB RAM, run Slackware 10, KDE 3.4 (packages from
|>Linuxpackages.net), and QT-3.3.3 (Slackware package). I checked out of CVS
|>this afternoon again, and did build Scribus on the machine I'm using
now (I
|>used a Slack-package built via autopkg on my computer at home before).
|>
|>Still, it can't open my file any more. The file is a 28 pages A4 booklet,
|>with a few images, mostly black/white, but some with colours. And
otherwise
|>text. It all worked fine as long as I didn't close the document... :(
|>
|>Andreas
|

| Please upload the SLA file into the bug tracker. Please keep an eye on
the bug
| as we may ask for yout to upload more files.
|
| Craig

Will do so tomorrow, from work.
I just picked the file via our VPN (just the sla.gz - not the images),
and could open it on a machine with only 256MB RAM. Of course, all the
images are missing, but it doesn't crash. So it seems to have to do with
the images...

Andreas

- --
Andreas Speck at home
30 Bisson Rd * London E15 2RD * Britain
phone +44-20-8555 7017 * mobile +44-7973-683936
email andreas.speck at gmx.co.uk * http://people.freenet.de/ask
Keyserver
http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B570981478E3C11