[Scribus] internal compiler error (second attempt)

Andreas Vox avox
Wed Mar 23 01:04:50 CET 2005

Steve wrote:

> Glad to hear it's not just me then. I had a feeling it maybe
> the athlon processor as SuSe used to issue a separate
> kernel for that. Do you use athlon?

Now this is crucial information. GCC sigfaulting on Athlon is a
much more likely reason than unstable Scribus code or a
generic GCC / SuSE error.

Try to set different optimisation flags (eg -O0 or -Os).
Check that your GCC builds for the correct architecture.
Check the compiler flags Scribus actually uses if there
are some specialities which don't work on Athlon.

If you have a Athlon64 you might have to cross-compile Scribus
to target 32bit (or use a binary rpm).

Did you or SuSE forward this bug to the GCC developers?

Ciao
/Andreas