[Scribus] Success: compile Mac/Aqua from CVS without patches

Andreas Vox avox
Tue Mar 22 16:53:00 CET 2005

Louis wrote:
> Is it possible this "portability" becomes a little easier for ,
> "ordinary" users like me? :), Or would it be too much asking to have a
> thorough how-to aimed at , real command-line beginners? (and I mean,
> real beginners!!! Think of
> those instructions as "human-software"!!!).

To say it again, 1.3.0cvs is not for production use.
The current build on Mac/Aqua has some problems of its own:

* not all fonts are accessible
* dialogs behave strangely (no close button, menu disappears, ...)
* Aqua buttons need more space than X11 ones, that causes layout
problems,
    notably with the page selector.
* colors are wrong for images in page preview
* it's not really tested, so there may be much more

That said I plan to organize a preview binary bundle which can be simply
dropped into the system. If some daring alpha testers use it and report
all
errors to the developers, we might have a fully functional Aqua version
when 1.3.0 final comes out. :-)

Ciao
/Andreas