[Scribus] Re: [pre-Patch] identify Mac fonts

Andreas Vox vox
Sun Mar 20 16:37:31 CET 2005

Martin wrote:

> Andreas Vox wrote:
> []
> >     ./fontutil  /Library/Fonts/Arial  ArialCopy.ttf
>
> This gives me:
>
> % ./fontutil /Library/Fonts/Arial Arial.ttf
>      file = /Library/Fonts/Arial
>     bytes = 5257008
>      size = 0
> Bus error

My fault, I forgot to comment some #ifdef out (correct version attached)

> Why not use fondu?

Do you want to include fondu into Scribus? The source code doesn't look
very clean.

Also the font reading and checking in Scribus is already done by
freetype. We only
need some additional functionality to identify the type and get the
font data for embedding.

Ideally freetype would provide this ... maybe I should rewrite it into
a patch for freetype.

Ciao
/Andreas