[Scribus] [pre-Patch] identify Mac fonts

Andreas Vox vox
Fri Mar 18 03:39:16 CET 2005

Hi Craig Ringer!

After some searching and testing I arrived at the attached code
to identify font types on Mac. I only depends on Qt.

Maybe you want to review and test it ...
Usage:	a.out  "some-path-without-blanks-or-umlauts"

For some reason I have found *no* PS fonts in any resource fork (old
Mac Type1)
or in .dfont files. I suspect that some PS fonts are still hidden in
'sfnt' resources.

I plan to include this function in ScFonts when it's ready. It should be
no problem to extend the ResourceFork code in order to read font
data from resources.

Ciao
/Andreas