[Scribus] PDF Export to Grayscale.

Isaac Davis isaac
Wed Mar 16 04:59:45 CET 2005

Arron,
   Thanks so much. I will try that out this week. Just an update for
everyone. We have a 50 page publication with the outside covers and two
center pages in color. Everything else is grayscale. I went ahead and
exported the pages as PDF files. I have 5 files with 10 pages each. From
there, I loaded the PDF files into Gimp using the grayscale setting,
with the settings set to give 300dpi  (2550x3300) for a letter sized
image. From there I saved each page off as a separate tiff file.

I got word from the printer today that they looked excellent, and saved
them quite a bit of time, which is good, since it's all about time,
which converts to money. I can't say enough about Scribus, Inkscape, and
The Gimp. I put together a 50 page partial color publication that looks
spectacular. You guys deserve a round of applause. I know people were
thinking that I couldn't do this without a Mac, and some expensive
software. We showed them.
Isaac Davis