[Scribus] Scribus windows edition

Steven Boothe steven
Tue Mar 15 17:52:46 CET 2005

Sinka Szabolcs wrote:
> Excuse me for disturbing you, but does anybody know by chance when
> there will be released a windows edition of Scribus?
 >
 > Thanks! Sasi

Hello Sasi:

Welcome to the Scribus mailing list.

The closest we have to a "windows edition" is a working recipe for
installing 1.2.1 on win32 via Cygwin/X11. You can find the instructions
for this here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Win32

If you have any other questions or are just curious, this question has
already had a fair amount of discussion on the list so I will refer you
to the archives where you can review the discussion there, and better
aquaint yourself with the ongoing efforts with respect to the efforts to
get Scribus running on win32.

You can search the archives here:
http://nsj.srem.pl/cgi-bin/search.cgi

There is also a page set up for discussing which includes an insightful
note regarding the status of doing a native port of Scribus to win32 here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Win32_version_of_Scribus

Cheers.

Steven