[Scribus] Initial impressions: Scribus-Aqua

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Mar 15 08:56:35 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 07:19, Kevin Walzer wrote:
> 1. Are there any scripts/plugins/techniques to generate a table of
> contests based on text styles?

I have written a ToC generator in the past week for 1.3. Theres no ToC style
options yet but it does work. Styles of ToC are next on the agenda along with
various other bits around the edges. It does not work off paragraph styles
however, but the new frame Item Attributes. It does not yet handle sub frame
ToC entries but will in the future.

Create a text frame as the destination of the ToC.

File->Document Setup, then find Document Item Attributes
Then add one in, eg:
Name = MyToC
Value = My ToC Entry
Auto Add To = Text Frames

Then go into the Tables of Contents and Indexes area, Add a new Table of
Contents. Select the Item Attribute to use for the ToC, choose the options
listed, MyToC will be there. Then choose the destination frame that you
previously made.

Then when you create text frames, go to Item->Attributes or right click
menu->Attributes. Then edit the Value to be appropriate for that frame, eg My
ToC Entry 1, ie the text to appear in the ToC. Repeat this process for the
frames you have.

Then, Extras->Generate Tables of Contents.

You will get some test info in the frame but you will get a list of your
entries as described. Until I get it finished you will have to edit this
manually to make it look how you want though. Changes daily, so try it out
now and then.

> 2. Do template/master pages support automatic page numbering?

Yes, Control # will get you the # symbol which when applied to a page will be
the page number. Press twice for 2 digit page numbers. You may need to
reprogram the shortcut key depending on your keyboard layout.

> 3. Can text flow automatically across pages (perhaps with an automatic
> text frame setup, which I saw was available in the settings)? i.e. if I
> have a sixty-page poetry manuscript that's been formatted in OO.org,
> will that import gracefully, or will I need to place text on each page
> manually?

You can use auto text frames when the doc is created which will create and
link frames when you make new pages, or manually make your frames and link
them. Importing the text into one of them will flow the text over the whole
range of the linked frames.

Craig