[Scribus] PDF Export to Grayscale.

Isaac Davis isaac
Tue Mar 15 03:18:51 CET 2005

Guys,
   First of all, thanks for all the work on Scribus. I have put together
a 50 page program for our Speedway, and after the first printing came
out, I have to say it looks wonderful. It's been quite the learning
experience, but Scribus has worked wonderfully throughout.

Now to my question, I have about 12 pages that will rotate on a weekly
basis. The printer is receiving and using the exported PDF just fine,
except that they want them in Grayscale, and it's being exported in
sRGB. Is there a way to get the export to spit out a grayscale pdf? I
have lcms installed, and it's working with Scribus. If I was able to
find a grayscale profile, would that "convert" it for me, or am I
correct in thinking that it would just basically map the colors to
grayscale equivalents. Does anyone know where I can download a grayscale
printer profile?

Right now, it looks like my only solution is to export to PDF, import
the pdf to Gimp, and convert to grayscale.
Thanks,
Isaac Davis