[Scribus] Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 is out -> Major issue solved

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Mar 14 19:20:09 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:19:17 +0100
Thomas Zastrow <chef at thomas-zastrow.de> wrote:

> ... now also for Linux:
>
> ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/
>
> The Look & Feel ist - thanks GTK - very better than in version 5. And
> it seems to be a little bit faster.

Hi,
this Acroread release solves a major issue for all non-English PDF form
authors. Acroread 7 finally renders correctly non-English characters in
PDF form fields, which has been a major problem with Scribus generated
PDF forms (and which made them quite unusable for many people all over the world).

I've just tested it, it works great, see the screen shot:

http://linux.hanski.info/tests/form_field_with_unicode.png

cheers
Maciej

--