[Scribus] [Patch] MacOSX native

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Mar 13 22:07:34 CET 2005

Andreas Vox wrote:
[]
>> Concerning the Scribus application, here is first the good news: It
>> seems that with this version of 1.3cvs, the colors are displayed
>> correctly!
>
> My assumption is that you still had the old "color-correct" patch applied.

No, this was with a 1.3cvs from last week, plus your patch. I assume
that there was some progress in cvs on this front this week.
[]
> I noticed that also: using the scrollbar to scroll down line by line messes
> up completely, scrolling up is ok. I'll look into that.
>
> I also fond out that you have to change
>
> -        bitBlt(m_target, 0, 0, &qimg);
> +        bitBlt(m_target, m_x, m_y, &qimg);
>
> in ScPainter::end(), otherwise you will get garbage in the top left corner
> when you select some object and change its properties.

Yes, I am seeing this, too.

> I'll try. Right now I'm trying to get the Navigation bar in scribusview to
> look good, Aqua buttons just will not do there :-)

Yes, this looks funny. Some color rectangles in the preferences windows
are a bit off-center, too.
[]
> Yes.
> Should we try to get all these changes into CVS head? Right now
> it's all quite localized with #ifdef QT_MAC, so it shouldn't be a problem.
>
>> A final remark: The Scribus.app produced by the scribus-aqua package is,
>> of course, not a standalone application that can be distributed
>> independently. For running, it needs a lot of libraries from Fink. But
>> repackaging this differently, once it is working correctly, is a minor
>> difficulty, IMHO.
>

> I'll look into what has to be done in order to make Scribus find the
> packaged
> libraries / plugins.

For the libraries, there is no problem. They can just be copied over and
  install_name_tool can be used to change path names in the libraries
and executables. The paths to the plugins are hard-coded as absolute
paths in the scribus executable, however. They would have to be changed
to relative paths if one really wants to put everything into an app bundle.

--
Martin