[Scribus] [Patch] MacOSX native

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Mar 13 21:14:13 CET 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:
>>Concerning the Scribus application, here is first the good news: It
>>seems that with this version of 1.3cvs, the colors are displayed
>>correctly! There is also no problem with finding fonts. If one lists the
>>fonts directories in ~/.scribus/scribusfont13.rc, at least the
>>postscript fonts that can be used in X11 are seen also.
>
> Assuming fontconfig works on OSX this should cover you there, esp since we
> will remove the X font finding soon enough.

Freetype has some obscure configure flag, too, that is supposed to help
with ancient Mac fonts, but I have no experience with this. Right now,
scribus-aqua sees the Mac resource fork fonts after they are transformed
into ttf using fondu. Fink has the applesystemfonts package that does
this transformation for all available fonts. It is made for use with
X11, but the resulting font directory can be used by scribus-aqua
without X11.

--
Martin