[Scribus] photo-album script

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 13 03:10:32 CET 2005

architetto francesco fantoni wrote:

>I'm sorry, but both setScaleImageToFrame and redrawAll() don't seem to
>work properly for me.
>frames are created using a predetermined width and height, but then they
>resize without apparent reason. i've tried to create frame -> load image
>-> set scale image to frame -> resize again frames to original size
>using sizeObject, and this gives weird results too. I'm sure i'm missing
>something, but actually debugging scripts it seems quite difficult too.
>

>>As long as you are using cvs since about Feb. 3rd or so, you have access
>>to 'setScaleImageToFrame(scaletoframe=1, proportional=1, "name").  You
>>need to look at the API docs that come with the cvs version.  Also, the
>>setRedraw(1) and redrawAll() have been fixed and now work, so you don't
>>have to save, close, then open your file.

The first question would be, does scribalbum.py or scribalbuma4.py work
-- i.e., do the scaling and redrawing commands work there for you?
I think you need to scale back lulu2.py and reduce the logical
decisions: forget about odd/even pages, don't have so many format
choices.  Pick a small directory where all the pictures are the same
size/scale, so you know what should happen.
Make sure you comment out anything you don't need. If you are going to
use setScaleImageToFrame(), you don't need your variables fscale or
gscale, and you don't want to use setScale().  Make sure you have the
syntax in setScaleImageToFrame() correct.
I'm curious about the gotoPage(numpagina)  --- I didn't have to use that
in scribalbum.py, since I was always working on the 'current' page.  You
can still use numpagina for odd/even pages.

Greg