[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Tue Mar 8 06:32:33 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 20:57 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>

>>Craig Ringer wrote:
>>

>>>Any chance you can get a backtrace from the crash? Knowing exactly where
>>>it crashed would be really handy.
>>>

>>(gdb) bt
>>(gdb)
>>

>This is a crash in the Freetype libraries, and I strongly suspect it'll
>be a bad font, perhaps one of the OpenWin fonts. This pretty much
>confirms what you already strongly suspected, but it's always best to
>check.

I won't be able to play more until Thursday, but at that point I can try
playing with font paths.

>I'd be handy to know what you had to do to get Scribus built in Solaris
>10 so I can spend less time flailing around myself. I haven't used
>Solaris yet, except an older version on a very basic level.

I installed the complete distribution (you'll need the OEM support on
x86, too), and selected any relevant software from the companion CD.
Rather than the latter, you may be better off pulling down the packages
from SunFreeWare.com. They are often a bit more current. I actually had
to pull out a couple Companion CD packages, and replace them with
SunFreeWare.com installs.

If Qt doesn't compile with thread support (do this one first), check the
caveat for GCC on the sunfreeware site (I think it was regarding
mkheaders). I haven't found a precompiled QT for Solaris with thread
support. The rest of the dependencies should be fine, either with a
standard ./configure; make, or from the sunfreeware packages. After
that, the latest Scribus CVS should be pulled down and it should
compile. Note that I haven't hunted down the developer package for
Python for Solaris, so the script plugin doesn't get pulled in.

That should cover it. If you have any questions, I can try to help. My
evenings.

Rainer