[Scribus] Success: Scribus 1.2.1 on Win32

Steven Boothe steven
Tue Mar 8 02:19:30 CET 2005

Well I am happy to announce that I finally have a working recipe for
installing and running on Scribus 1.2.1 on the Win32 platform now. I
have tested it from scratch on two systems and both went through the
steps without any more snags.

There is still some things that could be improved in the way of making
the process even easier and faster (instructions for binary install of
QT3/X11/Cygwin) but as of now, this works so I thought there might be
those who would like to give it a try.

Things still left to do:

* Write and test instructions for binary only install of QT3/X11/Cygin.
* Figure out how to port the Cygwin patch for Scribus 1.2.1 to 1.3cvs.
* Script the process to be even easier and more automated.

Complete instructions can be found here:
WIKI: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Win32

Screenshot:
  http://www.poiema.org/Files/scribus-win32.jpg

Once again, many huge thanks to Ralf and Peter from the kde-cygwin
mailing list for all their excellent help!

Cheers!