[Scribus] Automatic font size?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 6 18:07:24 CET 2005

Frank Cox wrote:

>Would it be possible to add a feature to automatically re-size fonts
>to match the available space in a text box?
>
>That way, one could create a box of the size required, input the text,
>then say "fit to box" and the font would automatically change size to
>fill the box.

This has long been a desire and topic of discussion, but thus far
remains a backburner item. Suffice it to say that it is more complicated
than it seems.

If we could get a handle on what happens to create the little overfull
widget, it would be possible to write a script to do what you are asking
for.

Greg