[Scribus] spanning pages...

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun Mar 6 04:05:00 CET 2005

>HI guys,
>    In my brief forays into 1.3cvs (which looks beautiful, btw), I
>came accross a feature request...
>
>    When I insert a graphic that I want to span two pages, it splits
>the graphic at edge of the page.  Is there any way to get it to
>split elements at the margin guides instead?

Hi Wes,

I'm not sure you'll like this procedure - you tell me - but here is
how I'd do it. BTW I don't have 1.3 yet.

Make your graphic run over the spread and once you're satisfied,
duplicate this very frame exactly on top of the other, so, zero, zero
in the X Y fields using Multiple duplicate and 1 for that many frame
(not frames!). (Parenthesis: I've always found strange that setting
duplicating values was not possible unless you use the Multiple
duplicate... even when you really need to dupe once... End of
parenthesis) Then, reduce the width of the top frame to cover only
the part you want on one page. Then select the bottom one and do the
same for the opposite page. Basically, you'll end up with a complete
graphic in 2 separate frames. Using the same technique, you could
also push away the two frames from the middle to take care of binding
issues. Hope the explanation is clear enough!

HTH

Louis