[Scribus] Mac OS port

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Mar 5 22:45:42 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 20:49 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Sure its possible. In the worst case we can just supply all the libraries
> ourselves. Not very disk space friendly but once the X dependency is really
> gone it might not be that much really.

I think it'd be best to bundle or statically link all libs not included
in MacOS/X as shipped, if at all possible. Mac users seem happy to
accept somewhat bloated apps in exchange for standalone installs, and
this is probably something that should be taken into account.

It's probably not a big deal whether they're bundled as separate libs or
statically linked thanks to the Mac `.app' dir setup that lets you
collect up all files for an app into an "object" that behaves to the
user as it if was a single program binary.

--
Craig Ringer