[Scribus] Can`t load pdf / eps files into Scribus - "Image is a null image"

Sebastian Roeder sebastian.roeder
Thu Mar 3 17:33:34 CET 2005

>>If I want to load an pdf or eps file into an image frame the image is
>>not shown. The console output is:
>>
>>QImage::convertDepth: Image is a null image
>>
>>I tried both Scribus 1.2.1 and 1.2.2cvs - same result. acroread displays
>>the files without problems. Might be a Qt problem?
>>
>>I run Gentoo x86 (stable) and Scribus 1.2.1 is stable, too.
>>
>>x11-libs/qt-3.3.4-r2  +cups -debug -doc -firebird +gif -immqt -immqt-bc
>>-ipv6 -mysql +nas* -odbc +opengl -postgres +sqlite -xinerama +zlib
>>
>>Any pointers? When it is a Scribus bug I can fill a bug report.
>>
>>Regards, Sebastian
>

> Which ghostscript do you have installed?
>
> Please send a file to me at cbradney at scribus.info and I'll test it here.
>
> Craig

I`ve tested both ghostscript and ghostscript-apfl one after the other
with the following USE flags:

app-text/ghostscript-7.07.1-r7  +X -cjk +cups -debug -emac
app-text/ghostscript-afpl-8.15  +X -cjk +cups -gtk

I also extended my file testing to some pdf files that worked in
previous magazines I did with scribus - they all give the same error
message now. Nevertheless  I?ll send an example file to
cbradney at scribus.info.

I realized that teh print preview doesn`t work for me either, just
showing emptyness or when I enable CMYK some noisy lines, not text at
all. When I enable transparentcy in the print preview scribus crashes.

Seems like my system is borked in some way? I will check whether this
appears on the SuSE install, too (I hoped I will never need it again).

Any help is wellcome!