[Scribus] best OS to keep up with scribus, gscript and inskcape dev...

Aakin N. Patel aakin
Thu Mar 3 04:26:33 CET 2005

: > : I really dislike the way Debian package Qt, though I'm sure they have
: > : their reasons.
: >
: > Yah. I've wondered about their pacakge management system myself. It
: > seems like they break it apart way too far, but since I'm not really
: > volunteering to correct it, I suppose I can't really say much.
:
: I usually really like the way Debian handle packaging - especially the
: way they package perl and Python modules so conveniently. It's really
: just Qt ...

I guess I just haven't really figured out the logic behind it.

Sometimes they leave stuff as a massive bundle, sometimes they break it
all down to the itty bitty lib level. I probably just need to take a
look at it at some point, and it'll make more sense.

No luck on the compiling on the debian box, by the way. I'll poke at it
at some other point, I guess... the 1.2 binary package works well
enough.

							- Aakin