[Scribus] Success 1.3.0cvs on archlinux

Markus Roduner markus
Tue Mar 1 18:04:07 CET 2005

Not only on Suse, but on the (for some exotic) archlinux distro, the
compilation of the cvs version of Scribus was no problem at all.

I noticed, that documents with long chained text frames over more than ten
pages load hardly. In November we published a book, an almanach of a literary
festival here in Lithuania layouted with scribus. Was fine work. Another book
with poetry loads fine, as there are nearly no chained frames, loaded
immediately. I know about lyx/latex for mostly text documents, but there are
not a lot of fonts for Baltic and/or Cyrillic languages and to generate them
is quite hard work (and I am not so happy with the result).

So, I wanted just to thank you for this masterpiece of software, which I will
use for more book production in the future.

By the way: Is the Lithuanian translator still working on the translation? I
think, this needs some update. I will ask in the Lithuanian mailing list for
software translation about it (I am myself not a native speaker).

Markus