[Scribus] 1.3 compile problem

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Mar 1 06:57:10 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:33 +0530, Subash wrote:

> great to see 1.3 finally make it to cvs. however, i am unable to
> compile it, the following being the error message. i have qt-3.3.3,
> autoconf-2.5.9 and automake-1.9.4. and libtiff-3.5.7. really appreciate
> help.

It's possible your libtiff might be too old - I have 3.6.1 here - but
it's hard to say for sure. Do you definitely have the libtiff
development packages (with the header files) installed? Can you provide
the full text of the compilation error for util.cpp (from the line where
it lists the 'gcc' command to the end of the results)?

> util.cpp:1289: `TIFFTAG_CLIPPATH' undeclared (first use this function)
> util.cpp:1289: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
> each function it appears in.)

This is the error that's causing your compile to stop. TIFFTAG_CLIPPATH
is defined in my tiff.h in 3.6.1. An older machine I have with libtiff
3.5.5 lacks that definition. That strongly suggests your libtiff is too
old, so you might want to try upgrading libtiff (you can install a new
copy in /usr/local/ to avoid disturbing your system libraries, or find a
newer package built for your distro).

It wouldn't hurt to know what distro and version you're using.

--
Craig Ringer