[Scribus] Broken PDF, Broken printer, RIP error or... test on ricoh 6513

Daniele kailed
Wed Jun 29 19:29:26 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I'va made a "simple" pdf (Scribus-1.2.2cvs) for testing Ricoh 6513
Multi-function laser print
http://www.ricoh.com.hk/products/en/productinfo.asp?ctl=features&pid=1078

Two A4 pages exported as pdf-1.4 600dpi with font.
No issue printing from Acrobat 7 on Epson inkjet (with Linux), but with
Acrobat 6 on Windows 2000 and the Ricoh printer there are some
problems...
First page blank with this error (printed on paper..):

ERROR: undefinedresource
OFFENDING COMMAND: findresource
STACK:
/FunctionDictionary
/D22
/Function
[0.1732 -399.0 77.0 0.0]
/BBox
[/DeviceCMYK]
/Colorspace
2
/ShadingType
-mark-
/Shading
2
/PatternType
-mark-
-savelevel

then the first page of pdf (perfectly), the second page with some thing
missing.
You can grab the pdf here: http://www.kailed.net/testrgb.pdf

Pratically there is only the "sunset picture" with white rectangle
instead of trasparent "Loren ipsum.." box.
All the rest is missing!

No differences with CMYK pdf only the colors are much better with RGB.

Is a "1.4" issue ? Broken RIP ? Broken pdf ? Broken printer ?
Can someone do some test and tell me which is the problem ?

I can't try Ricoh again for now so I can't do any test..

Bye.
	Daniele.
--
*** Linux user # 198661 --- ICQ 33500725 ***
***  Home  http://web.tiscali.it/kailed  ***