[Scribus] Live CD -- Themes

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Jun 27 02:04:56 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Thinking about the live CD, I discovered I minor "problem". The intended
audience, as I understand the project, are users of MacOS and Windoze.
With two major (and a few minor) desktop environments plus x widget
sets, an iconconsistent look and feel will be one of the downsides of an
open source publishing system. It would be good if we could offer five
sets of consistent themes which are available for at least KDE and Gnome:

1. An elegant KDE style (also available for Gnome)

2. MacOS 9 style (the unobtrusive design is still regarded as the best
solution by many people)

3. MacOS X style (Baghira for KDE is already mentioned on the Wiki, and
I recall there's something similar available for Gnome)

4. WinXP style

5. Win98/2000 style

And of course it will be necessary to easily switch between different
styles in both KDE and Gnome applications (don't know if it can be done
without major work)

For the moment, I think it would be useful to have at least the themes
on the Wiki page (http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Live_DTP_CD)

Christoph