[Scribus] Problems with text -> outline and EPS export

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Jun 25 09:53:40 CEST 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 05:54, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> >>Tried exporting to PDF but with subsetting of fonts on instead of
> >>embedding? In the current code this converts all text to outlines.
> >>I dont lose hyphens here when I do it that way.
> >>
> >>Craig
> >
> >Thank you, Craig.
> >
> >Seems to work fine. I'll see what will be the result at the printer on
> > monday.
> >
> >Unfortunately, the UI is not exactly garrulous on this important
> >feature. IMHO it should be clearer.
>
> I think we should make it cristal clear in the tooltip. No big deal!
>
> Craig?
>
> Louis

Well, we cant change it in 1.2.2cvs due to string freeze, but we can change it
for 1.2.3cvs when we release 1.2.2, and we can update it for 1.3. However,
for 1.3.x, we do plan for proper subsetting as well in time (ie 3 options,
embed, subset and convert to outlines).

Craig