[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jun 22 20:12:13 CEST 2005

Hi Louis,

> OK. With such a small set of markup, I think we could work this out
> in situations where we can directly talk to the writer (which is not
> always the case). I see that possible for a specific project. The
> difficulty will be to get a majority of people on that track!
>
> Do you know if there is a way to automatically convert italic and
> bold to this kind of markup so they'd be useful in such a workflow?
>
> Louis

I think it can be done in OOo. Since OOo is not just an office suite but
also a development platform, all of its features should be accessible
via plug-ins or macros.

OOo currently has an extended search & replace feature which allows you
to search for formatting. With OOo 2.0 coming soon, it would be possible
to run many formats through OOo, search for bolds and italics, then
replace formatted text strings with exactly these strings in markup and
finally save to plain text.

So, yes, in theory it can be done, but it would need someone with
sufficient knowledge in OOo programming.

Cheers,

Christoph