[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration

Marvin Dickens marvindickens
Wed Jun 22 18:43:25 CEST 2005

Hello Everybody,

I have found this thread interesting. What I'd like to see
is more of a general feature. It would support and further
collaboration, but would have other uses. Specifically, I'd like to
see a tool within scribus that did the following:

Strips out text, photos and graphics from OpenOffice docs
into 3 separate and distinct files types. Text is saved as
ordinary ASCII text. ASCII is the lowest common denominator
and is infinitely portable. Each photo and graphic in a document
is stripped out and individually saved as a single distinct file - Preferably
the original file type of the photo or graphic file. A 4th file would contain
all of the formating of the original openoffice doc.

The 4th file that contains the formating could be edited and/or
imported into Scribus to help in the layout. Further, this file could be
edited on the fly in the event the importation of the format was not
giving the user the desired results. It would also be interesting
to have an album that held the results. All operations would be performed
from within Scribus.

Best regards

Marvin Dickens
Alpharetta, Georgia  USA