[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys share scribus files for collaboration?

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Wed Jun 22 16:43:21 CEST 2005

> > So, can you tell me which editor on my Windows machine will handle unicode?

> All of them? I don't know ... MS Word and OO.o certainly, probably
> WordPad too. I expect even notepad does but I can't be sure.

That's the problem (at least for me), you have to use a format for which any author can find a tool. Telling them they have to install OO.o does not work...

Everyone with a computer is likely to have a text editor.

> With difficulty, unfortunately. I'm not convinced there's a technical
> solution to idiocy and the unwillingness to listen ... sometimes you
> just have to tell them "if you use bold/italic we'll just ignore it, use
> our styles" - then ignore bold/italic.

Well, if the program they use does not handle bold/italic they can not use it. Easy as that! :-)

/Peter