[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys share scribu files for collaboration?]

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Tue Jun 21 21:56:20 CEST 2005

Dnia wtorek, 21 czerwca 2005 04:33, Christoph Sch?fer napisa?:

> With respect to text content, it is always necessary to educate those
> who create texts. If you look carefully, you will find that in many
> publications, created with Quark or InDesign, hyphenation marks appear
> in the text where they shouldn't, because both programmes offer an
> import filter for Word files. The average $office_suite user is used to
> format his/her text while writing it (which is nonsense, but
> nevertheless current practice). I think it is important to tell the
> "Office professionals" how to switch off hyphenation and save to plain
> text. Plain text files are easy to handle for cvs-like programmes and
> databases. An ideal (text) workflow would consist of text workers
> writing their texts in a fashion they are used to and after approval of
> all participants commiting their collaborative work to a database in
> plain text.

Mmm, a hacked Tiny MCE[1] to spit out files/database entries tagged for the
GetText plugin, even with viewable revisions. One could even make a preview,
by using a template as source (preferably with editable template text
frames). The final work would be just to gather everything from the database,
make the required adjustments etc.
As noted some posts down in this thread, the files could be even kept in
cvs/svn/arch whatever with a database consisting only of a few fields like
filename and last edited revision. With a proper web interface/QT app and
even sqlite it could make a nice framework to start with.

[1] http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/
--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?