[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys share scribu files for collaboration?]

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 21 16:11:49 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> Once character styles are available in scribus, it would be possible
> to send the authors a style guide, with rules like: Don't format your
> text or your document, NEVER! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! Instead,
> use tags like <h></h> for the headline of your article. If you want to
> emphasise something, tell us that you want it to be emphasised by
> using <em></em> and so on. WE are responsible for the layout, and WE
> know how emphasised text will finally look like, you don't. YOU are
> ONLY responsible for the content. [kind of enforced LaTeX approach]

Yep. This what I was referring to with regards to "domain-specific
markup" that one could use a GetText plugin (or a script, once access to
formatting from Python gets better) to import into Scribus.

> And then finally save your file as *.txt (NOT *.txt for DOS!).

Shouldn't make a difference. I don't know if we convert line endings
yet, but we probably should do so transparently.

--
Craig Ringer