[Scribus] FC4 and Scribus

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 21 02:13:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 10:55 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> >I don't know about you, but I found compiling went OK - and waaay
> >faster. The whole system is much snappier, too - very pleasant.
> >

> I tried to 'notice' the compile time, but I suspect you guys on the
> S-team have a better sense, maybe even have timed compiling.  The one
> thing I noted was that the compile log had to be huge with all the
> warnings, though that obviously doesn't affect compile time significantly.

Generally not, no. I don't typically log the builds anyway (by default,
only configure's output is logged). As for timing, there's this handy
shell builtin called `time' if you're ever curious about such things,
though yes I just noticed that it "felt" way faster.

It's not compiles, either - the whole desktop is way snappier.

When it comes to the warnings, while the Scribus code is generating a
few more, the huge masses of warnings being spewed are actually mostly
from Qt's headers. I'm not too sure why; I assume TrollTech will deal
with it in the next patch.

--
Craig Ringer