[Scribus] script to make a bezier curve drawing

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jun 12 04:29:03 CEST 2005

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> I would suggest trying to find a "ready-built" Inkscape.  I got an RPM
> for vesion 0.39 and it works fine. I've been trying to build the
> latest version, and it doesn't seem very skilled at finding libs --
> gives me messages that I need more up to date versions, and I already
> have them in /usr/lib(!?).

Here's an update for the interested -- I was able to build Inkscape 0.41
on my FC3 finally.  It wasn't as complicated as I thought, but I found I
had to do things in the correct order:

First, added this line to ~/.bashrc:
    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

Then had to upgrade/add these files in this order:
    libsigc++-2.0, from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libsigc++/2.0/   (Inkscape site
has a bad link)
    glibmm, from  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/glibmm/2.4/
    gtkmm, from   http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtkmm/2.4/

Each requires a ./configure, make, make install after downloading.
(somewhere in here I had to run ldconfig as root -- you'll know when it
tells you it can find lib??.so.1)
THEN, I could ./configure, make, make install Inkscape.

At this point my Inkscape complains about not being able to load some
extensions (pstoedit for one), haven't figured out all the details.

Greg