[Scribus] Scribus install and Mac CPU usage?

Andreas Vox vox
Sat Jun 11 20:39:28 CEST 2005

zee wrote:

> Could an install of Scribus via Fink cause Mac OS CPU usage to
> skyrocket?
> I've noticed the Finder by itself using 95% or more CPU cycles since
> installing Scribus..could scribus be doing something to the system in
> the background?

No.
I just read today that Finder gets really busy if you click "calculate
all sizes" in the view options palette. Maybe you activated that
because you wanted to check Scribus' size?

Cheers
/Andreas

PS:
I still want to know how to get Scribus' CPU usage high ;-) What's the
slowest operation for you: typing, opening/closing dialogs, scrolling,
zooming, ... ? What is most annoyingly slow?