[Scribus] Some font questions

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Jun 6 18:41:04 CEST 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:20:22 +0200
Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I need some additional information to complete this wiki page with well chosen free fonts for Polish users:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Darmowe_polskie_fonty_przeznaczone_do_druku
>
> Questions:
>
> -- Impact type face included in the MS Core package:
> 	-Who designed this font?
> 	-What is this font typically used for in printing?
>
> -- Luxi Mono, Luxi Sans, Luxi Serif:
>   	-What is the licence of these typefaces?
> 	-Where can I get them (apart from installing a Linux distro)?
> 	-How much pro quality are these typefaces?
> 	-Luxi Serif is a modern typeface, right?
> 	-What are these fonts typically used for?
>
> -- URW Gothic L Book and Century Schoolbook L
> 	These fonts are included into the Ghostscript Standard Package
> 	(e.g.  "emerge gnu-gs-fonts-std" on Gentoo) and "cyrrilized" by Valek Filipov
> 	- How much pro quality are these typefaces?
> 	- What is Gothic L Book typically used for?
> 	- How good is the cyrillic support in these and others fonts delivered with the Ghostscript Standard Package?
>
> any help will be appreciated
> cheers
> Maciej

Ok, I understand that this was to much to be asked before the week end :)
Meanwhile, the number of questions has been reduced to these few ones:

1. Impact type face included in the MS Core package:
	-What is this font typically used for in printing?

       Font sample: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Darmowe_polskie_fonty_przeznaczone_do_druku#Impact

2. Luxi Mono, Luxi Sans, Luxi Serif:
	-How much pro quality are these typefaces?
	-Luxi Serif is a modern typeface, right?
	-What are these fonts typically used for?

	Font sample: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Darmowe_polskie_fonty_przeznaczone_do_druku#Luxi_Mono

3. URW Gothic L Book and Century Schoolbook L.	These fonts are included into the Ghostscript Standard Package
	(e.g.  "emerge gnu-gs-fonts-std" on Gentoo) and "cyrrilized" by Valek Filipov

  	- How much pro quality are these typefaces?
  	- What is Gothic L Book typically used for?

       Font samples:
       http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Darmowe_polskie_fonty_przeznaczone_do_druku#Century_Schoolbook_L
       http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Darmowe_polskie_fonty_przeznaczone_do_druku#URW_Gothic_L_Book