[Scribus] How to install version 1.3

John nesredep
Fri Jun 3 14:12:22 CEST 2005

I wanted to play with version 1.3.  So I did the CVS thing; that went
fine.  Then I came to ./configure.  Sheesh, I need this, I need that,
I need that, seemed like a thousand things weren't right.

I took a few passes at upgrading and installing various things that it
was whining about, but no joy.

So.....let me come at this another way.  I can dedicate a PC just for
this project.  I can install Suse, Mandrake, Fedora, Debian (in 20
varieties), FreeBSD, whatever you want.

Is there SOME DISTRO that installs pretty close to what the Scribus
1.3 configure process wants?  Like, maybe I can install Fedora Core 3,
and add 2 packages and then it will work....?

Just wondering.  1.21 is working ok for me, so I don't want to kill
myself to get 1.3 installed, but if it wasn't too hard....?

Any advice is appreciated.

John