[Scribus] who uses Scribus?

frank gaude' tanzen
Wed Jun 1 22:53:35 CEST 2005

zee wrote:

>I believe in the Scribus project and would like to know what kind of
>traction it might be gaining in the professional market.
>
>thanks!

Hello, Zee!

Well, I'm no longer in the pro market but I used to be for years. I use
Scribus to do printed work, and also the designs for web pages. The pace
at which the project is moving points to it being a tool as powerful as
InDesign soon, within the next year. I've used PageMaker and then
InDesign 1.0 through CS since about 1988 to a few months ago. The only
thing I miss in Scribus is the lack of Gaussian blur shadows, but I do
have faith that it is coming. The 1.3cvs version has drop shadows for
text now, so blurring and elongating the drops shouldn't be that
difficult in code.

I do believe in Europe their is lots of traction already for many types
of pro jobs, but not the slick magazine types. Others here on the list
will likely give you a feel for the European market. I'm Northern
California, USA.

Regards,
frank gaude' (aka tanzen) at web site http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname
or subscribe to Email list at NoNameDesigns-subscribe at yahoogroups.com