[Scribus] Re: Scribus Digest, Vol 29, Issue 65 - Scribus crashed due to Signal 11.

Andreas Vox vox
Fri Jul 29 21:51:33 CEST 2005

Am 29.07.2005 um 21:00 schrieb Robert R. Di Giorgio:

> Century Schoolbook L Roman:run
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x082e4b8f in RealCAscent ()
> Error addressing memory address 0x82e4blc: No such process.
>
> I also noted these messages from gdb:
> Font/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/c0590131.pfb has broken glyph 357
> (charcode 1078)
> (same font) has broken glyph 424 (charcode 1175)
> (same font) has broken glyph 467 (charcode 1218)
> (same font) has broken glyph 487 (charcode 1245)
> (same font) is broken and will be discarded.
>
> Nimbus Sans L Regular Italic
>
> gdb didn't show "where". The entire message was:
> The program being debugged has been started already.
> Start it from the beginning? ( or n) y
> warning: cannot close "shared object read from target memory": file in
> wrong format
> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/scribus
> Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
> Loaded system supplied DSO at 0xb38000
> (Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled)
> [New Thread - 12084616632 (LWP
> 8509)]
> Detaching after fork from child process 8511.
> Detaching after fork from child process 8513.
> Font /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/n0190231.pfb has broken glyph 321
> (charcode 1044)
> (same font) is broken and will be discarded.
>
> Looks like my problem is broken fonts.

Yes. But apparently Scribus still uses them despite claiming the
opposite...
What was your Scribus version exactly?

> How do I convert these font numbers to recognizable names?

Scribus lists font names and there respective files in
Preferences->Fonts.

> Is there anywhere I can get replacements for them (free, of course!)

Look at http://docs.scribus.net or ask mrdocs if you don't find your
answer there.
There are nonbroken versions of Nimbus and Century Schoolbook around
AFAIK.

/Andreas