[Scribus] Inkscape 0.42 and Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Jul 28 00:30:32 CEST 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Wednesday 27 July 2005 19:04, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>

>>The plot thickens a little.
>>

>What plot would that be?

don't get defensive now....it was an unsolved mystery.

>I have put in bug 2309 for this, but please in future, if you get a crash,
>submit a bug.

It seems to me the first thing to do is see if anyone else is seeing the
same problem, in which case it's not a bug. I've screwed up Linux
installations and software builds enough to know not to blame the
software as the first thing.
The other thing which is helpful when submitting a bug is to be able to
say something other than "it broke." It's always helpful to know whether
the problem is circumstantial, especially when I've just downloaded a
new version of Inkscape.
And the other thing is, AFAIK SVG importation has never been without
problems in Scribus.  I thought it was perhaps a new facet of an old
problem, or that it was a manifestation of someone in the background
working on SVGs in Scribus.

Greg