[Scribus] Can style tags be used when importing text?

Peter Barnes pjb
Mon Jul 25 22:03:42 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Green" <ben at bristolwireless.net>
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Can style tags be used when importing text?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:26:56 +0100

> > It is such a simple and foolproof method (much more reliable than
> >  importing word processor styles) that I'm surprised I cannot
> > find this  facility in Scribus too (especially because Scribus
> > seems to be short of  import filters). Or have I missed something?
> > Thanks!
> > Peter
> >

> The import features for OpenOffice documents make importing from
> such  files very reliable, IME. Use the OO stylist for styles and
> import the  styled text. Works a treat. There are a number of
> import options to play  with.
>

> -- --
> Ben Green

Ben,
Thanks for the useful comments and suggestions. To be honest, I find OO far too slow to start and too crowded with unnecessary clutter, so I will avoid it unless all else fails.

The reason I like simple tags so much is that I move bits of  text around very frequently in my text editor or word processor (I edit news and technical manuscripts). Headers created with styles in word processors tend to get corrupted during this frantic editing.

Peter