[Scribus] Editing pictures-printing landscape-undo

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Jul 22 14:24:27 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 12:44 +0100, Brian E. Blandford wrote:
> I'm trying to migrate to Scribus from Serif Page Plus, and have hit
> three puzzles.
>
> 1) Editing photos via Gimp is a great feature, but I can't find how to
> apply the results of the edit to the document without first saving the
> new picture and then re-importing it into the picture frame. In PagePlus
> I've been used to being able to crop pictures without having to save a
> new version. Is there a way to do this in Scribus?

In 1.3.x, and possibly 1.2.2.x (I can't check right now) Scribus will
notice when you save and re-load the image. On older versions it'll only
notice when you quit the GIMP or force it to reload the image.

> 2) I can't find anything in the Print dialogue to enable Landscape
> printing. At the moment  I have to alter the settings in my X Printing
> Panel configuration (and remember to change them back afterwards!).
> Printer is Epson C84.

Sounds like your version of Scribus is compiled without CUPS support.

> 3) The only Undo available seems to be the last object move. Is there a
> more flexible and wide ranging Undo facility I've missed?

In 1.3.x only, there is a very much improved undo system thanks to Riku.
I don't think it'll be back ported to 1.2.x due to the fairly extensive
changes required.

--
Craig Ringer