[Scribus] insert lorem ipsum: back to context menu?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Jul 22 03:20:28 CEST 2005

Hi Greg,

> With software that I use a lot, I like keyboard equivalents, which
> typically is a form of redundancy, but not something you necessarily
> want to do without.
>
> Greg

I tend to disagree.

Redundancy in a GUI means you have too many options to achieve the same
goal through many (more than two seems a good measurement to me) GUI
options, without consistency. That's why I don't like QXP and MS Office.
In scribus (and OO.o, I'd like to add), you can always right-click an
item and you will have reasonable options handy. The properties palette
is consistent and only varies depending on the kind of frame you selected.

But all/most of these actions can also be reached with (or, to describe
it another way, "mapped to") the keyboard. This is a matter of choice of
devices, not GUI redundancy.

Cheers,

Christoph