[Scribus] pictures too dark

robert robert
Fri Jul 22 01:43:51 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 18:17, PLinnell wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2005 01:11, robert wrote:
> > I've just starting using 1.3.0 (July 14, 2005 build) and I can
> > export just fine. The problem is the pictures look very dark in
> > Reader (7.0). I've got the export set for screen/web and I didn't
> > find anything in archives. Just out of curiousity, I also loaded
> > the pdf up in xpdf, and while the fonts look bad, the pictures are
> > fine. Can anyone explain what's going on?
>
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=toolbox1
>
> That page is very important to understand PDF viewing and Scribus.
>
> Peter

Ok, I looked at the page and everything was already setup as described. Just
on a hunch, I went over to a windows machine and Reader 7.0 on Windows
displays the PDF just fine. I re-downloaded and re-installed Reader (7.0) for
Linux figuring maybe I had an old version, but the pictures are still dark.

So it looks like a Reader on Linux problem (maybe just a "my Linux" problem)
and not a Scribus problem. Any further suggestions would be appreciated
though. I do have some Linux using friends.
--
Fail to learn history-repeat it.
Fail to learn rights-lose them.