[Scribus] insert lorem ipsum: back to context menu?

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Jul 22 00:06:06 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer a ?crit :

> Hi Louis,
[snip]

>> These could be part of the few "rules" we could set to discuss the
>> usability and productiveness of Scribus. Again, I strongly support
>> Craig R.'s view on this and I think we'd be better discussing each
>> issue in the bug tracker, at some point. :)
>
> Yes, I also do, but it certainly does no harm to discuss these issues on
> list as well :)

Absolutely! I didn't mean we shouldn't discuss this on the list. I
wanted to draw attention on the fact that at some point it's easier to
track down issues when they are "isolated" in the bug tracker! :) For
instance, we?ve covered more ground than just the initial issue of that
post and there is a risk of loosing good ideas. Again, I agree : no
harm! :))

Just checked in the bug tracker. There is a "user interface" section
(that has always been there I think) but no "usability". Wonder if I got
it correctly and whether there should be a new option here. Maybe Craig
Ringer has the answer?

> Maybe it would be useful to have a basic set of rules to be followed.
> Commercial vendors and other FOSS projects do have them, mostly called
> "human interface guidelines", or, more precisely, usability is part of
> the higs. From what I have read here, the first two rules to be applied
> would be: 1) avoid redundancy, if possible and 2) avoid mousetrips to
> the menu in layout operations, if possible.

Correct.

Cheers!

Louis