[Scribus] Scribus for Win32

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jul 19 22:24:36 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 21:57, Nicholas Vettese wrote:
> Please pardon my ignorance if this was discussed recently, but I
> was wondering if there was an ETA for the Scribus version that will
> run on Windows.  Even a beta version, that may be buggy but still
> functional?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

The standard Open Source answer:  "When it's done." :)

There is still some functionality which needs to be enabled and some
more work to be done to make Scribus more portable on other
platforms.

As soon as it is functional to use, won't eat your data or format c:,
we will get it available.

To be honest, it is not in a state where it would be worth releasing,
even to hard core users. What is working, works *really* well and the
progress has been very steady.

As far as I know there is no timetable, nor estimate when it will be
ready.

Cheers,
Peter