[Scribus] can Scribus 1.3.1 do PDF/X-1a ?

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Tue Jul 19 04:43:13 CEST 2005

>How can I export my file to PDF/X-1a. My printer will charge me
>'composition fee'
>if my file is not in PDF/X-1a format.

Hi Ciro,

I don't know whether Scribus 1.3 can export to PDF/X-1a.

At the same time, may I kindly suggest that you ask for quotes from
another or a few other print shops...

There is nothing wrong "per se" at handling a regular PDF file,
provided the printer has specified what he/she wants/needs.

Basically, you'll be asked for cmyk images and embedded font.

In general, this is the most common things anybody will be asked for
from most any printer.

HTH

:)

Louis