[Scribus] Feature: importing multiple page documents

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Jul 18 01:39:38 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I don't know if this issue has already been discussed here (I'm almost
sure it has, given the creativity of the scribus community ...). Anyway,
this one is related to http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1094. Once
scribus is able to import OO.o spreadsheets and presentations (I
distinctly recall this being mentioned as a planned feature) and the new
table features are implemented, it might be useful to be able to import
spreadsheets and presentations the same way it is mentioned in the PDF
request, i.e. select a defined set of sheets or import the whole file.
For each sheet of the original file, a new table/image frame could be
created with multiple options for placement on a page/document (e.g
overlapping, distributed). One could even think about letting scribus
create a new page per imported page, which would be useful for creating
PDF presentations, and there are more possible options to think about.

I know, probably another request to have the wizards rack their brains
over it, but if more users find it useful, the efforts might be worth it.

Christoph