=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_[Scribus]_Scribus_Team_Releases_1.3.0_-_LaLibert=E9?=

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Fri Jul 15 18:07:24 CEST 2005

* John Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2005-07-15 06:56:10 -0700]:

> I'm new to Linux and I don't know how to install from source yet. Is
> there a Debian package for an Ubuntu-64 system? Or at least
> instructions on how to install it -- instructions that assume the user
> has just learned where the computer's on-off switch is?

John,

I would strongly advise you to read the wiki page about running Scribus on
Debian and Ubuntu at
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_on_Debian_GNU/Linux. Use the
instructions provided there to rebuild the Scribus 1.3.0 source package on
your system. That's currently the only way to get in to be built on a 64-bit
system. I build packages for all Debian and Ubuntu branches, but alas I don't
have access to 64-bit hardware, so they are all 32-bit.

Regards,

Alex.