[Scribus] Scribus Release 1.3.0 - La Liberté - Download Mirror

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Jul 15 04:00:59 CEST 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 03:53, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> A zillion thanks for the new release.  The features are just superb.
> The problem is that  when I try to download from www.scribus.net then
> my Internet dial-up connection gets disconnected often and the Firefox
> doesn't resume the download from the point where it was disconnected.
>
> Whenever I try to download from sourceforge (using WGet or otherwise)
> the sourceforge website doesn't seem to find a good mirror and
> displays an appropriate message acknowledging the fault with their
> system.
>
> Is there any other mirror where I can get Scribus-1.3.0 using WGet
> (because it can resume the download if I use -c option on subsequent
> tries)?  Conversely, though it would be stretching it too far, could
> you possibly make Scribus-1.3.0 available downloadable without a
> browser - using WGet or other tools such as ncftp?  It's certainly
> perfectly alright if you can't because of  policy/security reasons.
> I'll then try to use my browser and e-mail sourceforge about the(ir)
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The www.scribus.net link will give you a URL in the end, and wget can be used
on it. There are plenty of mirrors available for 1.2.2.1 and before. Perhaps
read the docs.scribus.net downloads page for some more direct links.

Craig